KEEPING TRACK

KEEPING TRACK
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW?

Monday, September 3, 2018

Rocky Mountain Trip Sept.1 and 2

Saturday Sept. 1

On the Road Again....first night in Topeka, Kansas.

Making our way to  Colorado Springs tomorrow to meet up with an old high school friend for dinner.
Long days on the road but Jimmy and Alison only have  a week of vacation  so we will make it work.




Living and cruising  on the water the past 10 years spoils you.
Seems I can't go anywhere without GPS, Radar, auto pilot (AKA cruise control) and other navigational luxuries.
Also seems I can't go anywhere without running into a storm or two along the way.
Oh well. makes for an eventful trip.



This part of our journey was really cool and quite a story. Over 50 years ago Christine and I were good friends and high school mates in Long Beach, California. Jerry Garrigan and I worked at the same Shell Service Station thru High School and later worked together at Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach. We spent lots of fun times cruising the streets of Southern California in our Street Rods. We both had 40 Ford coupes and for a short time I had a 55 Chevy Bel Air.
When Christine and I left California in 1967 we lost contact with Jerry Garrigan and for 51 years we always wondered what ever happened to him. Well along came FaceBook so a couple years ago I searched his name and Low and Behold he had just opened a FaceBook account. Bingo...I found him in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
I called him, confirmed it was him and told him if we ever went West again I would buy him dinner. We met his wife Nancy and had a fantastic reunion over a Steak Dinner. 
We have both changed but in another sense we are the same as we were 50 years ago.
We are so glad we added this reunion to our trip to the Rockies.

1 comment: