KEEPING TRACK

KEEPING TRACK
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW?

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Hot Rod Power Tour

Saturday, June 9


Of all the beautiful cars here at the "Hot Rod Power Tour Show" I took a picture of the car that caught my attention the quickest.

Too many Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Custom Cars, Bad Ass Trucks, etc. to pick a favorite.

So here is my choice for a picture, and WHY.
I personally rubbed fenders with this car on several occasions at Beech Bend Raceway back in the mid-eighties. This car and it's driver "Ruben Lancaster" dominated this race track for several years. They both have quite a history at this track,..
And a few years ago a man named Chris Deweese bought the car, pulled it out of the weeds beside Ruben's Garage in Plano, Ky. and began a restoration project of huge proportions. Chris was determined to make this old Champion "Street Legal" and take it to shows around the area. It was, and still is affectionally known as "The Bus".
Click on the link below for more of the story...

The "Bus" History


This might be the car we raced at the time the Bus was winning most every race.

I doubt it because Ruben would have probably won.








Then again, maybe it was this one....who knows...I trashed so many cars at that race track I can't remember which is which.










It might have even been this one...










But this is the view I usually had of "The Bus"...from behind.

My son-in-law Greg and I had a great afternoon at Beech Bend looking at a lot of cool cars and talking with old friends.,

We missed talking to Ruben Lancaster, he was here yesterday but not today,...

2 comments:

  1. Great memories! Thanks for a look back at the Good Ole Days��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you recall of years gone by Jerry. Brings up many of my own. Thanks

    ReplyDelete