KEEPING TRACK

KEEPING TRACK
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW?

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Epic Adventure Out West

 Tuesday, August 23, 2022

And it all began when my Hoosier Buddies invited me to join them on a well planned trip to Colorado. They asked if I had ridden any trails out there and I said YES, I recommended Taylor Park, Colorado.  So..next thing you know I am off to Colorado with the Beast in the Toyhauler.


You know what the Postal Service says....

If it fits...it ships.

Heading West early tomorrow.





Just a little traveling video...

  Wednesday, August 24, 2022

                          Day Three I think....maybe Two....who's keeping score?

Thursday, August 25, 2022


Stopped in Manitou Springs, Co. to visit with an old High School buddy.

Jerry put me up in a great parking spot next door to his home.

Thanks to a kind neighbor I was safe and sound tonight.

Off early for Day Three of a long journey.



Beautiful place to chill after a full day of driving...


Jerry and Nancy even supplied a fabulous Steak Dinner.


Thank You Mr.and Mrs.G.


                  Beautiful drive over Cottonwood Pass....highly recommend

 
Arriving and checking in at the Trading Post.




Checking in at the Trading Post to get my permit.....gotta pay to play.  Just thankful the U.S. Park Service allows us to wander around these mountains and enjoy the wonders of God.

Arriving two days ahead of the Indiana Group so I will search out a quiet place to Boondock for a couple days......and I certainly found it:


It just don't get any better than this.

Looks like I photo shopped but this is the real McCoy.

Overlooking a beautiful valley, with Mountains in the background.

Think I will frame this one...



Sunday, August 28, 2022



Early to rise, catching an awesome sunrise.

Some of the group arrived last night and are wanting a short ride today. They are anxious to hit the trails.




This bunch wasn't about to wait for the whole gang to arrive.

They were fired up the minute they arrived.

On our way to Cross Mountain, the views are spectacular and will get better as the week goes on.




Today I think we had three motorcycles, four 4-wheelers and four side x sides..


Everyone will be here by tomorrow.






Dave Edming, Chief, as we like to call him came all the way from northern Wisconsin to ride with us

He likes riding with folks like us, says his riding buddies back home don't (get it on) like we do. 

He was my radio tail gunner for most of the rides this week.Big thanks to Chief.






A couple more (Go Fasters) just hanging out on a mountain top
somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.









How does that song go.....
Just some good ol' Boys


Clouds on the Horizon, guess we better hi-tail it back to camp...








Maybe Rocky is here with his favorite jars of Fruit Flavored liquid energy...


Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Stay tuned, we got a whole week to continue this adventure.




Got back just in time to catch this unbelievable rainbow.

Ended right on top of Taylor Reservoir as seen from our camp.

Thanks to Dana who I think captured this shot.


























1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed all the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete